Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blog Hopping


I am a newbie when it comes to teacher blogs.  Since I have nothing against hopping in general and certainly nothing against blog hopping in particular, this seemed like a good idea.  I love finding new blogs to read, especially those that have something special to share.  They don't have to be at my grade level either, but I am certainly most curious about those.  I love, love, love that there is so much collaboration and cooperation to join in on here in the World Wide Teachers' Room.  

OK, just as if it is the first day of school and we are doing introductions all around, I have my assignment ready to share:

1. What state are you in?   I am in California.

2. Your current teaching position?  Sixth grade this fall.

3. What is your teaching experience?  The last 5 years I was in 1st grade.  I subbed for several years before that in all grades K-6.

4. When did you start blogging?  I started blogging in the Spring of 2004, so a little over 8 years.  But as my teaching career escalated, my blogging career deflated.  That was partly due to time constraints, and partly due to privacy issues.  I mean, I didn't really want to write about my students or what was going on in my room, but between August and June, what else is there to talk about?  Seriously?  Then I had this brilliant idea last month that maybe a teaching blog with an audience of teachers might be just the thing to bridge that gap between wanting to blog and having bloggers' block.  I can write about curriculum or classroom decor or management or technology and feel like there might be someone out there who wants to read it.  Maybe.  If I'm lucky. 


5.  Share a blogging tip / blogging resource.  I read recently that the best thing to do when writing your blog is to be authentic.  (If you can't be authentic, be pretty.)




5 comments:

April Walker said...

Haha - love that. "Be authentic. If you can't be authentic - be pretty." So true. So true. I enjoy sixth graders. They have some attitude, but you can really have some amazing discussions.
~April
The Idea Backpack
ideabackpack@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you. I'm your newest follower. if you get a chance please visit my blog @ Calling Plays in 2nd Grade.

Unknown said...

Hi...I am your newest follower and I just LOVE your background!

If you get a chance....hop over to my blog and give me a shout!

Mrs. B's Nook

Unknown said...

I am a newbie as well as a new follower of your blog. I love your eye-catching background. It is soooo cool! i teach Middle School as well. This year I will have 6th-8th grade Literacy. I am a Special education teacher who loves her job.
If you have a chance hop on over to my blog. Looking forward to reading your blog.

<a herf="http://525927.blogspot.comTeise'sTidbits</a>

Vicky Hunt said...

I love your blog and I am awarding you with the One Lovely Blog award. You can stop by to pick it up anytime!

Vicky
Keep Calm & Imagine